Juice Concentrate kits available and required to make your own wine.
The Fermentation Process
Select grapes are picked from some of the best vineyards in California and Europe. They are pressed into juice and balanced for the correct levels of sugar and acid. Yeast is added and the sugar is converted by the yeast to carbon dioxide and alcohal. Wine is the result!
Simple To Do
1. Select your wine from a variety of styles.
2. Prepare the pre-balanced grape juice in primary fermented.
3. Wait six weeks and syphon into secondary fermented.
4. Wait six months and bottle.
5. Enjoy your California or European wine for under $2.00 per bottle!
Does not require a lot of space or time. (just two hours of fun!)
Mechello's wine making kit includes everything you will need except bottles, corker and corks. Used "non screw cap" wine bottles will work or you may purchase new clean bottles. We offer a variety of corkers and corks to select from, however, you will not need these until you bottle.
- Primary Fermenter - A 7 gallon food grade plastic container. The grape juice is blended with the yeast here and left for 3 to 5 days.
- Carboy - A 5 gallon glass bottle used for the majority of the fermentation process.
- Thermometer - Fermentation takes place at 65° to 75°F, preferably in a darkened room.
- Airlock - An air valve put on the carboy which lets out the carbon dioxide, but will not let the air inside.
- Hydrometer - A device used to test the specific gravity of the wine. Tells us when the wine has stopped fermenting.
- Syphon Hose - Wine is syphoned when moving from the primary fermenter to carboy to minimize contact with the air which can add off flavors to the wine.
- Corker - A two handled device with a lever on top which squeezes the cork and then pushes it into the wine bottle.
- Carboy Brush - Used to remove hardened sediment from the bottom of the carboy.
- Bottle Brush - Used to keep wine bottles sparkling clean.
Choose Your Style
Mechello Wine Ingredient kits include all ingredients necessary to prepare 5 or 6 gallons of excellent wine. Your wine to share with family and friends! Ingredients included are: Grape juice, fresh or concentrate, and pre-balanced for proper levels of sugar and acid, and yeast. Filtered or Spring water works best for concentrate kits.
- Reisling - Smooth, light, refreshing well balanced white wine.
- White Zinfandel - Distinctively soft and refreshing blush wine.
- Chablis - Crisp, semi-dry white wine with a clean aftertaste.
- Chardonnay - Smokey, fruity bouquet, austere, dry white with pleasant acidity.
- Cabernet Sauvignon - Bold, deep characterred; age for maximum benefits.
- Merlot - Deep in color with aromas of black cherry and berries.
- Chianti - Red wine style of the famous Tuscany region of Italy.
- Burgundy - An exquisite, well balanced, aromatic red wine that is well rounded and robust.
- Beaujolais - Supple, fruity, delicate red typically enjoyed young.